2009年5月8日金曜日

Buddhism

Almost Japanese is Buddihism. Our daily life are affected by it.
So we may have Buddihism thought naturally.

Today, I will tald you 5 example about them.

First is "Itadakimasu" We say this word before eat meal.
We also say "Gochisousama" after eat meal.

We eat lives, like meat, vegetable and so on. We lost their lives.
So we say "Itadakimasu"

The second one is "bow"
Shake hands is the most popular greeting when you meet person.
But Japanese people do a "bow"
The reason why we do a bow because Japan is humid country in the summer.
So it is rudeness if you have damp hands and hold out them.


Third is Japanese summer event "Bon"
This event is your ancient may come back for you, and pray their soul in the middle of summer.
I am going to go my grandparents house every time with my family.

Fourth is some people has "Butudan" (a household Shinto altar) and priest come to your house.
In my case, priest will come my house every every mounth of tenth.
Because our important person was dead on tenth.

Finally, the fiveth is if you go to funeral, you must wear "mofuku"(black wear)
we have an image that black is bad coler
we also relate to "Moni-fukusuru"(go into mourning)


Buddihism minds are necessary for Japanese life.
We should keep those minds and take over from young people.

2 件のコメント:

  1. I think Gochisousama is a good example. Normally, I don't say Gochisousama. So, I can't think this idea.

    返信削除
  2. Thank you for your comment, Kang-fu

    Yeah,recentlly young people do not say "Itadakimasu" or "Gochisosama" I think it is very great custom for Japanese. Why do not you say those??

    返信削除