2009年11月24日火曜日

Superstitions

1.Do you think it is important to talk about superstitions in cross culture communication class? Why?

Yes. I think it is important to talk about superstitions in the class. It is quite interesting, isn't it??
Japan has a lot of superstitions, so I believe that other countries have them a lot, too.
You also can learn about country's history because superstitions is related to the social or historic background.
That is why superstitions is exactly important theme in CCC class.


2.Is communication affected by superstitions?

Yes, a bit.
You know, we don't use superstitions usually, but sometime we need.
So if you talk to non Japanese native speaker and use Japanese superstition, he/she may not understand what you say. Such as 「北枕は死人だけ」(The dead man lay with his head toward the north)
This is one of Japanese custom, so if I warn it, some foreigner can't understand why we mustn't lay toward the north.


3.Do you believe in superstitions? If yes, what superstitions do you believe?Why do you do, use, or believe in them?

Yes, I believe in superstition, but not completely.
I believe this superstition; 「逆剥けすると親不孝している」(if the skin on your hand are chapped, you are treating your parents disrespectfully)

When I argue some trivial things to my mom, or when I lied to my parents, I will often get injured to my fingers.
I don't know why... It is very scare for me.


But I don't believe that "when you cut your nail, a snake will come."
I have never see the snake when I did it!! so I don't believe it.

4 件のコメント:

  1. HELLO!!
    It's interesting!!!
    You've experienced!!
    Why? Why? Why? haha
    I've experienced a "mixing".
    It isn't necessarily just a lie.

    返信削除
  2. Hi!!
    I don't know proverb of you reported.
    It's very interesting.
    Now, My hand's skin are chapped!
    I'm and unfilial child!!??;p

    返信削除
  3. Hello!
    I total agree with you superstitions is important to talk in the class. Because it is quite interesting to know about other countries superstitions and also we can learn about other countries’ historic background from the superstitions,too.

    返信削除
  4. Hi!!
    I agree with your opnion.
    I read your opinion and noticed importance.

    返信削除